The SEAL of Approval
Explore our range of innovative, high performance, Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants
- Proven performance
- OEM approved and VGP compliant
- Expert, personal technical support
- Worldwide stock availability
With the appearance of a growing number of regulatory requirements and initiatives mandating or incentivising the adoption of EALs, we have the experience and expertise to ease the transition from mineral lubricants, and deliver cost efficiency and performance benefits in the process.
In 2002 Vickers Oils became the first company to make Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants (EALs) commercially available to the global marine market, in response to requests from concerned customers who wished to minimise the potential impact of their operations on the marine environment.
Eleven years later the use of EALs in below-the-waterline equipment was mandated for vessels calling in US waters by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in its 2013 Vessel General Permit (VGP).
In addition to improving environmental credentials, the use of EALs is one way in which vessel operators can achieve real cost saving benefits through superior performance.
Our EALs offer vessel operators the following distinct benefits:
- Meet the requirements of the 2013 VGP
- Offer superior performance compared to conventional lubricants.
- Have been used by some operators as evidence of continuous improvement for compliance programmes such as ISO 14001 and TMSA
- Enhance corporate reputation and demonstrate operators’ Corporate Social Responsibility
- Offer a mitigating factor in some cases of accidental leakage.
We are justifiably proud of our global reputation for supplying innovative marine lubricants, continuing to lead the way in the development of marine Bio-Lubes and providing our customers with the high levels of service and solutions they need. For more information on the benefits of Bio-Lubes, read Why Choose Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants?
THE HYDROX BIO RANGE: The IdEAL Solution
The Environmentally Acceptable Sterntube Lubricant delivering superior performance and wear protection even when water ingress occurs
- Verified lubrication at high water levels
- Protects bearings against corrosion
- Excellent wear protection
- ISO 68, 100 & 220 available
For sterntubes, stabiliser bearings and CPP hubs
THE ECOSTERN SMX RANGE: REAL Endurance
The Environmentally Acceptable Sterntube Lubricant delivering superior performance and wear protection
- Excellent lubrication
- Extended fluid life
- Superior demulsification
- ISO 100 available
READ MORE: ECOSTERN SMX 100
THE ECOSURE RANGE: REAL Performance
The Environmentally Acceptable Hydraulic Fluid delivering superior fluid life and oxidation resistance
- Exceeds requirements of ISO 15380
- Extended fluid life
- Good extreme temperature performance
- ISO 22, 32, 46, 68 & 100 available
For CPP’s, stabilisers, ramps, deck equipment and some thrusters
THE BIOGEAR XP RANGE: REAL Protection
The Environmentally Acceptable Thruster Lubricant delivering superior anti-wear, EP and oxidation protection even under severe conditions
- Meets the requirement of DIN 51517
- Excellent equipment protection
- Superior thermal stability
- ISO 68, 100 & 150 available
The BIOGREASE EP Range: REAL Resistance
The Environmentally Acceptable Grease combining corrosion protection with excellent resistance to wash off from rain and seawater
- Excellent resistance to water wash off
- Long lasting corrosion protection
- Good load carrying properties
- NLGI 0 & 2 available
For deck equipment, wire ropes and rudder stocks